Wednesday, June 4, 2008

More sense than money...



So I keep telling myself anyway. Though, if I was compensated for IQ points, hopefully I'd have that big mansion with the three hundred thousand movie room. And a ceeeement pond!




I have in my hot little hands (thank you Netflix Gods) the PBS doc on the Jonestown Flood, which I haven't seen in eons, as well as the LBJ bio from American Experience. I know it's popular or seen to be the 'right' thing to do to throw darts at LBJ's image and legacy. The whole Vietnam thing, the woman thing, the good ole southern boy thing...yes, this is all not exactly a recommendation on a job application. However, I can't help myself for liking that good ole boy. I think he came into office under horrible circumstances, had to get his footing together, and just made as many bad decisions as good. When I think about it, it's possible that Bill Clinton is our generation's LBJ - no, no Vietnam, but the covert work adds up to near the same possibilities as body counts. I kinda feel sorry for LBJ...and felt even more sorry for him after I watched that Robert McNamara doc. I know my feeling sorry for the guy doesn't amount to a chili dog and chips but what the hell...not until a hundred years from now will the 60's be judged correctly.




On the bright side of life, the near finals are happening for us Top Chef viewers. Oh Lord, please let Lisa be getting knived tonight. Please?




There's word that A Matter Of Life And Death is definately coming out this year, plus Charlie Chan Box Set Number Son Five. My list of the things I'd do for a dvd release keeps shrinking. Maybe the studios were afraid I'd really show up wearing that bikini.

No comments: