Saturday, May 31, 2008

You got me begging you for mercy...


What with all the fun of figuring out how the new boob tube and dvd recorder works I have yet to set up the vcr to all these new contraptions. Welcome to the age of one cord HDMI hook-ups - no muss or fuss but just as much trial and error. I shall have to attempt being my own Geek Squad shortly, the vhs tapes are piling up. Someone in my home which is only an inch or two taller than myself had promised to hook up the older dvd recorder upstairs but this event has yet to occur. It had better occur before the apocalypse. I'd hate to meet my maker without a complete movie library.


Someone at Nitrateville said that September may well be Kay Francis month. Here's hoping, there's still a bunch of films in which the wavishing actress appeawed that I must commit to memory and a few I missed the last time around. Wonder what made them pick her? A lot of bitching and moaning?


The next Deep Discount dvd sale is set to start in a couple days - the discount code to use is DVDTALK. I plan on getting my hands on Joan Crawford, The Thief of Bagdad, and maybe the latest Three Stooges set. Shame a Shemp gal like myself has to wait a bit longer to start in on those, but there are a few on the latest set with Curly that haven't been released in any form.


This might be a good evening for some Godfrey. The outtakes...oh Lord, if only there were more outtakes from other films from the 30's. Nothing is so charming as hearing Lombard cussing.


No comments: